Senior Front-end Developer
Seeking a Senior Front-end developer with 3+ years of professional front-end experience. In this critical role as one of the first few tech hires, you'll be responsible for leading the implementation of our marketplace webapp’s front-end. Opportunity for significant equity compensation in a social venture startup with high-growth potential.
You are a confident front-end engineer proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. You have the ability to decompose a problem into clear software/UX design action, and can articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on different front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets to your team.
You're also passionate about the potential of technology to make the world a better place. You may or may not have a strong personal tie to out-of-school education, but either way you are excited about the opportunity to apply your talents to creating equitable social change.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Design, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of professional front-end development
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Demonstrates UX design skills, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
- Extensive experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Well practiced coding paradigms including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
- Ability to collaborate and work with back-end team to integrate APIs into front-end stack
- Experience with NextJS and React Native Web
- Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of professional front end development
- Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
- Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices